2023 Scholarship Program Application Info will be posted 1/15/23
Our deadline to apply has passed. Please come back next year!
SCHOLARSHIP INFO: The MYK demonstrated need-based scholarship
Summer Culinary offers a limited number of full and partial scholarships to its programs every year. This is the “MYK Scholarship”. This program is open to demonstrated need-based students who have a passion and love to learn culinary arts and to attend these programs. Our MYK Scholarship program offers financial assistance to students interested in attending campusNYC, campusATX, or campusLA.
There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships for each location.
- A full scholarship is the equivalent to full tuition.
- A partial scholarship is a certain percentage off the tuition
The scholarship may only be applied towards the tuition for the year of application. It cannot be used towards related expenses such as, but not limited to, travel and purchase of individual supplies incurred before, during or after attendance.
If the student is selected, the monies awarded in the scholarship program will be applied directly to the student’s tuition balance. The scholarship is not tax deductible.
Eligible applicants must be rising 9th through 12th graders (or ages 13 through 17). The scholarship is only available to United States citizens. International applicants are not eligible at this time.
Selection criteria will include the following areas: demonstrated financial need, personal student essay, and letters of recommendation. We reserve the right to consider other factors during the selection process.
Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Applications are not considered complete until all letters of recommendation and the student essay are received. Letters and the essay must also be provided by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What is required:
- Personal Essay:
Essay Question: Why do you want to attend the Summer Culinary program, and what impact do you think it will have on your future? What impact do you see yourself having on the camp community?
- Font: 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Double Space: The entire essay should be double-spaced with no extra space between paragraphs.
- Margins: One-inch margins all around.
- Page Number: Your last name and the page number should appear in the upper right corner of each page of your essay, including the first page (e.g. Jones 3).
- Title: Your essay should include a title. The title should be centered and should appear under the heading information on the first page and above the first line of your essay.
- Alignment: Entire essay should be “left justified.”
- Word Limit: 500 words.
- Note: If the essay exceeds 500 words, reviewers will not read past the designated amount.
Before you begin your scholarship application, be sure to gather these items first!
- Completed Student Personal Essay
- 2020 or 2021 Federal Tax Return
- Name and Email Address for 3 recommenders / endorsers*
*Who qualifies as a recommender/endorser? Current or former teachers, guidance counselors, mentors, coaches, and other individuals familiar with the applicant. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2023
How to apply for a scholarship? (Time to complete approx. 20 mins)
- We will be using Google Forms for submissions.
- You will need to complete the form to officially submit your application.
- Click this link: LINK WILL BE PLACED HERE ON JANUARY 15th
- Be sure to upload/copy paste or upload your Student essay, and contact information for all three recommenders/endorsers emails. You do not include their letters with your submission; endorsers send their letters of recommendation directly to us.
- Submit your application by the March 15th, 2023 deadline
- Scholarship Award winners will be notified by April 1, 2023.
- All scholarships will need to be accepted by the winners by April 7, 2022.
Terms and Conditions:
As the parent or guardian, I understand that if my student is removed from the program for breaking any rules, I may be required to reimburse the full or partial amount of the scholarship as a penalty.
As a parent or guardian, I understand this full or partial scholarship only covers tuition and I am responsible for all other costs incurred by the student, including damages to property or persons, as well as any transportation costs to get to and from camp as well as incidentals/spending money. All parents/guardians also agree to all terms and conditions in the enrollment and health form process (which you will see and fill out if your student is awarded a scholarship).
Submitting tax info: We urge you to block out/obscure/delete your social security information from all documents. We use Google Forms, and we cannot 100% guarantee that the system can’t be hacked. So for your own protection, please cross that information out. We cannot be held responsible if the system is hacked or your information is exposed.
I understand, if awarded, the scholarship is not tax-deductible. I must report the scholarship amount as income on my Federal Tax Return. I must also provide a completed W-9 form and a copy of the Federal Tax Return referenced in this application to American Culinary Experience with my acceptance form. I understand I will receive a 1099MISC form from ACE who will be reporting the scholarship amount to the IRS.
I will provide transportation and plan for the named student to attend the Summer Culinary Program.
By submitting your application you will be agreeing to all terms and conditions.